Monday, October 6, 2008

Another bleedin' blog?!

Yeah.

A friend of mine got me thinking about doing this, because of his own blog:

http://scorethefilm.blogspot.com/

He's a movie freak, in the truest sense of the term. He lives and breathes movies; has a database in his head of composers, directors, producers, and actors; and every weekend I'm over at his place watching stuff I'd never seen before. We've seen great, so-so, and utter crap all in the space of a weekend--and sometimes in one movie.

So. What he's doing with movies, I'd like to do with books. It'll span genres--horror, drama, spies, fantasy, sci-fi--and my favorite authors: Roger Zelazny, George R. R. Martin, Jim Butcher, Mercedes Lackey, Raymond Chandler, and more.

I don't want to just write about the books, though; I want to look at the worlds and "rules" their characters live in and with--how magic is treated, how it works, and like that.

No comments: